Principles for the Marketing, Recruitment, Admissions and Induction of Students
The statement of principles below summarises Lancaster University’s policy on marketing, recruitment, admissions and induction to undergraduate and postgraduate full-time and part-time degree programmes.
The policy is supplemented and supported by more detailed internal guidance documentation.
Lancaster University aims to:
- offer attractive and relevant degree programmes underpinned by Lancaster's high academic reputation and institutional quality standards
- describe its programmes clearly, fully and accurately in all of its communications, whether face-to-face, by telephone, in publications such as the prospectus or electronically through the University website
- welcome prospective students, parents and others visiting the University and give them an accurate representation of life as a Lancaster University student
- treat all applications fairly and consistently, evaluating each application on its own merits
- recruit students who have the potential to succeed in their chosen programme and who will benefit from the experience
- extend a friendly, supportive and informative welcome and induction to its new students as they embark upon their university life