Help us celebrate the University's 50th Anniversary Year in 2014!
We are in the process of finalising plans for alumni events in celebration of the University's 50th Year.
We are holding the following alumni events in 2014:
Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th May 2014 (Bank Holiday Weekend)
- Annual Roses weekend on campus with an alumni reception on Saturday 3rd May between 11am and 3.30pm. The alumni team will be in a welcome marquee in the Roses Village (outside the Sports Centre) offering a glass of cava, strawberries and an alumni Roses supporter pack. This is free, but please register your attendance to ensure we have enough to go round!
May 2014 - dates tbc
- Alumni Anniversary Receptions, China (Hong Kong and Beijing)
Saturday 7th June 2014
- Alumni Anniversary Reception, USA (New York)
Friday 11th July from 9.30am - Saturday 12th July
- 40th Anniversary Celebration - Department of Linguistics and English Language
A day and a half of academic and social events on campus and an evening dinner at Lancaster Town Hall
Saturday 13th September 2014
- Grand Alumni Reunion Dinner - Alumni Reunion dinner in the Great Hall on the Bailrigg Campus
- Alumni Anniversary Reception, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpar)
- Alumni Anniversary Reception, Singapore
Please note, all these dates may be subject to change. Venues and further details are being confirmed.
Full details will be published on this website and emailed directly to all alumni for whom we hold an email address.
If you wish to organise your own reunion during the 50th Anniversary Year, we can help:
Reunions on campus
- Want a separate meal/lunch for a large group when you’re here? contact Katherine Wharton (Tel. 01524 593260)
- If you prefer to stay in the city of Lancaster we can give you guidance on the best places to stay.
- You may also like to have a tour of campus. Please let us know, and we will arrange one for you. There have been a lot of changes in the last few years!
Reunions in your own area
- Global Alumni Gathering - If you can't make it back to campus, celebrate the anniversary with your local alumni group
- Find out what's going on in your local area by contacting your local representative. See our Alumni Groups and Networks page.
- Set up your own reunion with friends in your area then send us pictures of your party! Email us if you would like to get involved.