Dr Kayode AkintolaLecturer in International Commercial Law
Research interests cover a range of transnational commercial law issues, including:
- Sustainable financing of companies and the impacts of company-security law on financing structures and corporate insolvency outcomes;
- Creation of effective secured transactions and coroporate insolvency regimes;
- Utilisation of proprietary interests in commercial transactions;
- Regulation of corporate behaviour through corporate control and corporate governance structures; and
- Resolution of commercial disputes through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, particularly international arbitration.
1. Introduction to Business Law
2. Insolvency Law (LLM)
The proposed preferential priority of prepaying consumers: a fair pack of insolvency recommendations?
Akintola, K. 2018 In: Journal of Business Law. 2018, 1, p. 1-14. 14 p.
The prescribed part for unsecured creditors: a pithy review
Akintola, K. 5/05/2017 In: Insolvency Intelligence. 30, 4, p. 55-58. 4 p.
What is left of the floating charge?
Akintola, K. 24/04/2015
What is left of the floating charge?: an empirical outlook
Akintola, K. 2015 In: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law. 30, 7
Response to the Law Commission's Review of the Corporate Insolvency Framework
Contribution to the work of national or international committees and working groups
European Company Law Teacher
Research and Teaching at External Organisation
Secured Transactions Law Reform Project
Membership of external research organisation
Winner, Insolvency Lawyers' Association Academic Forum Competition
Prize (including medals and awards)
Insolvency Lawyers' Association Annual Conference
Participation in conference