Information for Placement Hosts
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences students can offer organisations an excellent opportunity to address a skill or resource shortage by benefiting from up-to-date skills and knowledge.
A FASS Placement could be used to help cover during busy periods, trial new roles or research a new idea.
FASS Placement Examples
- Linguistics student provided marketing support to The Dukes Theatre working on their campaign for the summer park show Oliver Twist, was responsible for updating social media and creating press releases
- International Human Rights Law LLM student provided support to RedR (International Aid Relief NGO) with course review and Disaster Reduction Relief course development
- Politics student worked with GDR Public Relations to coordinate high-profile outdoor events and maintained project schedules for media projects
In addition to their subject specific knowledge, academic study teaches our students:
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Analysis and critical reflection
- Negotiation and influence
- Oral and written communications
Internships cost £1,200+VAT per month and this money is paid to the student as a wage on either a full time or part time basis. Some funding is available to support Third Sector and not for profit organisations.
Contact Kate Dunbavan, Faculty Placement Officer for further details.