European Association of Language Testing and Assessment (EALTA) conference, Siena, 6-8 May 2011
Date: 31 May 2011
Our language testing team was well represented at the EALTA conference held in Siena, 6-8 May 2011.
Three staff members gave presentations.
- Charles Alderson - 'Diagnosing foreign language reading proficiency', with Ari Huhta, Lea Nieminen, and Riikka Ullakonoja
- Luke Harding - 'The virtuous assessor: Marking decisions as ethical decisions', paper presented with John Pill
- Dianne Wall - 'Establishing evidence of construct: A case study', paper presented with Barry O'Sullivan and Cathy Taylor.
Two PhD students also gave presentations:
- Carol Spöttl - 'Building up a pool of standard setting judges: problems, solutions and insights', paper presented with Rita Green.
- Geraldine Ludbrook - 'Certifying the language competences of Italian CLIL teachers'.
Lancaster was also well represented by a number of other PhD students and students on our MA in Language Testing.
News website: http://ealta2011siena.cils.unistrasi.it/articolo.asp?sez0=130&sez1=0&sez2=0&art=209
Associated staff: J. Charles Alderson, Luke Harding, Dianne Wall
Associated departments and research centres: Language Testing Research Group (LTRG), Linguistics and English Language
Keyword: Language testing