Enrolling on the RTP program is a quick and straightforward process. Please make sure to register for any modules you wish to take, whether or not you intend to undertake assessment for them.
There are just two simple steps to be taken.
- First discuss the courses in the with your supervisor(s), who will help you to assess your training needs.
- Second, simply complete the RTP Registration Form, save it as a Word document, and email it to email@example.com
Please make sure to register for any modules you wish to take, whether or not you intend to undertake assessment for them.
NB You should not assume that you definitely have a place on a module for which you have signed up, as if modules are oversubscribed we will need to operate a quota, and it may be necessary to give precedence to other students. For modules running in Michaelmas Term, we will confirm registrations as soon as we can (which may be after some modules have started) so until you have heard from us please go to the modules you want to take. We will contact you towards the end of Michaelmas Term to remind you of your enrolments for Lent Term, and towards the end of Lent Term to remind you of your enrolments for Summer Term.
We would advise that, as far as possible, you should apply as soon as you are able, rather than waiting until the term in which modules run. This gives you a better chance of being given a place on the module, and allows us to plan better. We understand, however, that your training needs may change. It is fine to register for modules throughout the year.
Notes on completing the registration form:
- If a module is only available to students in specific years of study, you should only register for it if you are in the correct year.
- If a module is offered both by attendance and by distance learning, you should register either to attend it or to take it by distance learning, not both. Please note that the distance learning modules are provided for part-time and away students in the first instance, and they will be given precedence on these modules. This applies to:
- FASS507 / FASS507d
- FASS508 / FASS509
- FASS512 / FASS512d
- FASS516d / FASS516M / FASS516L
- FASS521 / FASS521d
- FASS619 / FASS619d
- FASS620 / FASS620d
- FASS638 / FASS638d
- FASS639 / FASS639d
- If a module has two or more cohorts, you should only register for one of these. The same content is repeated in each cohort. This applies to:
- FASS506M / FASS506L
- FASS637 / the interviewing session of FASS510
- FASS516M / FASS516L
- FASS522M / FASS522L / FASS522S
- If you have taken a module once, you will not be able to repeat it in a later year.
Important note – it is essential to register for those modules you wish to take and to deregister from any you decide you no longer wish to take. This helps us to prepare for modules (eg booking a suitably-sized room) and ensures that students who wish to take a module on which a quota is applied don’t miss out because other people accepted on to the module don’t turn up. It also means that students have access to online module materials for the appropriate modules, and that, if we need to contact students about a module, we are contacting all the correct people. In addition, students’ attendance at previous RTP modules will be taken into consideration when we are applying quotas to modules that are oversubscribed.
If you wish to withdraw from a particular module, or if you are unable to attend one or more individual sessions of a module on which you have registered, please email fass‑firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.