Postgraduate Research Skills Training Fund
This fund provides financial support for PhD students in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Lancaster University to cover costs directly incurred by participation in a training event.
The Postgraduate Research Skills Training Fund (RSTF) provides students in FASS with grants of up to £500 to cover costs (e.g. accommodation, registration and travel) directly incurred by participation in a training event. The training undertaken must provide skills necessary to the successful completion of your doctoral project and which are not delivered through the Faculty's Research Training Programme.
Please note: the RSTF does NOT fund attendance of academic conferences or symposia. Students wanting funding to support the delivery of a paper at an academic conference should apply to the Conference Presentation Grant.
- Applications should be submitted on the RSTF Application Form 2018-19.
- Applications lacking the details requested on the application form will not be considered for funding.
- Email the completed form to the Director of the RTP, Basil Germond (email@example.com).
- Ensure that your PhD supervisor emails Basil Germond to support your application and confirm the relevance of the training event to your research project.
- Applications will not be processed without a supporting email from your supervisor.
- Ensure that you apply in sufficient time for your application to be processed prior to the training event you wish to attend.
- Applications will be processed on a regular basis throughout term-time and will receive timely email notification of the outcome.
- The closing deadline for application to the RSTF is 21 June 2019.
- Students are limited to one successful application per round.
- Priority will be given to postgraduates who do not have access to other funding sources (e.g. dept. funds, NWSSDTP and NWCDTP).
- Funds will be dispersed (via the Finance Office) through advance purchase and reimbursement subsequent to expenditure and submission of appropriate receipts.
- The Finance Office will contact successful applicants in respect of accessing funds.
- Monies allocated in this round must be spent by 31 July 2019.
Enquiries should be addressed to Basil Germond at firstname.lastname@example.org.