We recognise that you want a degree which, as well as providing an excellent learning experience, also enhances your employability.
We are proud of our reputation for creating highly-qualified, employable graduates. Across the University, 97% of Lancaster alumni are in work – 82% at graduate level – or further study within six months of graduating.
Your degree will provide you with techniques and knowledge that can be applied in the biosciences sector or enable you to undertake scientific research in academia.
Specialist techniques courses are an integral part of our degrees. Some are taught by staff from local hospitals, providing you with the knowledge and key practical skills to pursue a career in the biomedical and health care sectors.
Lancaster University's extensive links to local hospitals in both research and teaching enrich your studies and opportunities to explore career options.
You will also develop confidence in the essential skills valued by graduate employers, including:
- Literacy - convey complex concepts and arguments clearly
- Numeracy - analyse and interpret data and statistical information
- Interpersonal skills - manage interactions without conflict
- Independent working - use your own initiative
- Problem solving - investigate different strategies for approaching situations
- Critical evaluation - consider information and possibilities realistically
All bioscience students take our 'Employability Skills' module. This will help you:
- Enhance career awareness
- Develop oral communication skills
- Manage your professional development
- Write targeted CVs and covering letters
Our Study Abroad options also enable you to experience a different social and academic environment, broadening your horizons and enhancing your CV.