Capital Connections – Exploring Opportunities in London & Regional Cities
Interested in exploring a career in the City, but never been to London?
Want to find out more about graduate life, but unsure how?
This is your chance to experience London first hand, visit some great graduate employers, meet Lancaster graduates at a networking evening and learn more about travelling and staying in the city. It is also your chance to experience a graduate level application process before you start applying for graduate jobs!
Introducing Capital Connections, a FREE 2 day trip to London in April 2018; transport and accommodation will be provided.
This event offers you the opportunity to:
- gain insights into businesses and organisations in London that employ graduates
- hear directly from Lancaster graduates who are now living and working in London
- receive top tips on how to succeed in the graduate application process
- develop your professional networks
- develop your confidence
- progress your career thinking
Want to work in the North? There will also be a FREE 2 day residential trip to a Northern regional capital – details to be confirmed.
Read what students said about Capital Connections last year:
Insight to Capital Connections presentations will be available – details to be announced soon.
Who can apply?
This opportunity is open to UK Resident first and second year students from groups under-represented in higher education; priority will be given to students living 100 miles outside London.
To apply one of the following must apply:
- I am the first generation of my family to attend university
- I am a mature student (over 21 on entry to University for undergraduate study)
- I have a disability (including mental health conditions and dyslexia)
- I am a member of an ethnic minority
- I am a care leaver
- I receive an income related Lancaster University bursary
- I am a young carer or parent
How to apply:
Further details and an application form will be available soon. Register your interest by completing the short form here.
If you have questions about this programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org