We are a member of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), National Association of Student Employment Services (NASES) and hold a Customer Service Excellence Award.
Statement of service
Our aim is to help you unlock your potential, develop your employability skills and make informed choices regarding your future career or further study.
We offer an extensive service tailored to your needs. Our professional staff includes specialists in graduate employment, careers information & guidance, employer liaison and event management.
Our on-campus Employment & Recruitment Service works with local and national employers to provide temporary and permanent employment opportunities for our students and graduates.
We work closely with other staff within the university, the Students’ Union, professional bodies and a broad range of national and international employers to provide a variety of opportunities to help you progress your career goals.
Who can use us?
You can use the services available through Careers if you are:
- A current undergraduate or postgraduate student of Lancaster University
- A graduate of Lancaster University
Graduates from Lancaster University have unlimited access and can continue to use our services for as long as they need to.
If you are a graduate from another UK university, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
What we offer you
- Access temporary and permanent jobs through our on-campus Employment & Recruitment Service
- The Lancaster Award, our bespoke employability programme to help give you the edge in the graduate job market
- The Knowledge Bank gives you access to a range of digital services, videos, aptitude tests, employer insights and careers information
- Talks and workshops delivered by employers and careers staff which you can book online through TARGETconnect
- One-to-one guidance interviews and a drop-in service with careers staff to help with career choices, applications, interview practice etc
- Ask Careers is our online query service for students and graduates who are not able to see us on campus
- A range of careers fairs, recruitment events and organised by the university
- An online vacancy service, TARGETconnect, which specialises in graduate level opportunities
- Help with finding work experience and job seeking strategies
- Information and advice if you are considering postgraduate study
- A range of career development opportunities.
Diversity and accessibility
We subscribe to Lancaster University’s standard of service for the provision of services for users with disabilities – more information may be found on the Equality and Diversity pages of our website.
Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance or more information.
Within Careers we are committed to providing a service of the highest quality to everyone we work with.
Your feedback helps us improve our work and is really appreciated.
Feedback can be submitted by email, to staff within The Base or direct to one of our Careers staff.
Please refer to our contact details if you want to get in touch.