To help you make an informed career choice it is important that you research the options available.
This research can also be an essential part of your preparation for applications and interviews.
Job profiles may include:
- Job description and activities.
- Entry requirements.
- Typical employers/vacancy sources.
- Contacts and resources.
- Target Jobs: Job Descriptions – what the job involves, the qualifications and skills needed.
- Prospects: Types of Jobs – over 400 graduate job profiles.
- National Careers Service: Job Profile Search – everything you need to know about a wide range of careers.
Career videos by job type
- i-could – inspiration for your career.
Careers idea generators
These web based applications can help you look at options based on your skills and interests.
- Target Jobs: Careers Report - interactive career planning tool that will help you get started on your job hunt. Register with Target Jobs to access this application.
- Prospects Planner – an exploration tool for students and graduates.