Congratulations to Plymouth - winners of FLUX 2014
All of the judges from Costain praised the students for their enthusiastic approach and determination to complete the challenge.
Quality of the work and presentations from the students was first class.
FLUX attracts teams of students from UK universities who compete to solve a Business Challenge using Xing, a business tool developed by the Working Knowledge Group.
The business challenge is set by one of the competition's corporate sponsors.
Students have access to business advisers from other sponsors to help them develop, plan and present their strategy in response to business challenge.
A panel of business experts will judge and pick the winning team.
The national competition will be held on 23 and 24 March 2015.
The venue will be Lancaster University.
Prices are unchanged from last year:
- Student team (6 students) - £600 incl of VAT per team
- University staff / Enterprise Champion supporting the student team (1 person) - free of charge
- Additional university staff attending - £180 including VAT per person
The booking system is now open.
Book a place at FLUX 2015 and pay on-line.
For more information or to find out how you can be part of FLUX2015, contact Lyndsey Egerton:
T: +44 (1524) 592487
Battle of the Colleges
During the Michaelmas Term we run a 'Battle of the Colleges' to identify the student team who will represent Lancaster University.
To find out more about FLUX and how you can take part; book your place online at this information event.
Who was involved in FLUX 2014?
International construction and engineering group Costain set the challenge for students competing at FLUX 2014 which was held at Lancaster University.
Corporate sponsors for FLUX 2014 were:
Business mentors and judges supporting FLUX 2014 included:
- Santander Bank
- BAE Systems
- FGH Security
- Kingsway HR
- Tarbun & Company
- Foxcroft Roofing & Building
- Nu Blue
- Andi Lewis Consultancy
- Snowball Consulting
- Burton Fisher Financial Services
In addition to Lancaster University, other university teams at FLUX 2014 included:
- Plymouth University
- HULT International Business School
- Swansea University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Bangor University
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Cumbria
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of the West of Scotland