Deadline extended - Leadership Development Opportunity - Frontrunner 23rd - 25th June 2014
It was a great opportunity to step outside and explore my comfort zone. I realised through exploring my strengths and weaknesses that I do have something to offer. You will be engaged and you will be challenged. You will meet a fascinating collection of people from all walks of life.
The application date for this programme has been extended to Monday 9 June in response to the interest we have received. Applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis, so please be aware of this when completing your application. Good luck!
A three day student leadership programme delivered for Lancaster University by international development organisation Common Purpose.
This course is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students with a disability as defined under the Equality Act 2010 and students who face significant challenges or difficulties due to their health or wellbeing. if you would like to discuss whether you are eligible or would like to know more about the course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
23rd – 25th June 2014 at Lancaster University campus with one afternoon visit to an organisation in the region (transport is provided).
This is an opportunity to:
- Develop your confidence and networking skills
- Explore the nature opf leadership and how you can develop your own leadership skills
- Meet up to 14 leaders from the private, public and third sectors and hear about their stories and experiences
- Visit an organisation in the Lancaster area and find out about the challenges that leaders have to face
- Network with fellow students and potential employers in the region
- Increase your employability by adding value to your CV
- Become a member of the Common Purpose alumni network
- Fulfil a requirement of the Lancaster Award
Following on from the exam period you may be relived to know that there are no assignments to complete as part of the programme; you will receive a certificate of attendance which will provide valuable evidence of managing your own professional development - a key requirement of many graduate employers.
Full details of the Frontrunner can be found in this PDF:
To apply for the Frontrunner, download and complete the application form:
Please also download a draft of the Frontrunner Draft Programme
Drop In sessions are available for you to come and ask more about the course and ask for help completing the application form.
For further details, please contact Careers or see Careers staff in the Base.
If you do not live on campus and need help with accommodation for the course please discuss this with us.