Leadership Development Opportunity - Frontrunner
Following the success of Frontrunner courses in 2015 and 2016, Lancaster University is offering a FRONTRUNNER LEADERSHIP COURSE from the 27th – 29th March 2017...
If you would like to know more about Frontrunner there are Insight into Frontrunner information sessions on:
- 5th December 2016 Frontrunner Leadership Course Drop In, 13.00 – 14.00, Careers in The Base
- 24th January 2017 - Insight into the Frontrunner Leadership Course presentation, 12.00 – 13.00 book here
100 % of participants of the course in 2016 said that they would recommend it to a friend; participants said:
“It is fun and fulfilling, in a friendly environment, lots of diverse speakers/leaders, to give their expertise on how to move forward with our careers. Very informative and challenging, and I have made lots of networks, which I hope to use to strengthen my future career.”
“Everyone is struggling with leadership and confidence even if they appear sure of themselves. This safe space has enabled me to interact, express my opinions and speak freely. The Homeless Shelter was a great example of leadership that I didn't expect”
“I think the programme invests a lot of energy into your emotional state while at the same time combining practical skills that will help you develop your personality and believe that you are capable and that you can indeed succeed and make an impact.”
“Do it. There's a strong chance it would change your life”
Frontrunner is delivered by Common Purpose, an independent international leadership organisation and provides an opportunity to:
- Develop your confidence and networking skills
- Explore the nature of leadership
- Meet leaders from the private, public and third sectors
- Visit an organisation in the Lancaster Area on the 2nd day
- Network with fellow students and potential employers
- Become a member of the Common Purpose alumni network
- Enhance your CV
- Fulfil a requirement of the Lancaster Award
The programme includes all lunches and transport to the organisational visit on day 2.
Students who complete a Frontrunner Leadership Course are invited to join the Common Purpose online alumni network allowing them to network with fellow Frontrunner alumni as well as alumni from senior leaders’ courses around the world.
Who can apply?
The course is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students and is funded through Lancaster University Office for Fair Access Funding (OFFA). Priority will be given to applicants who feel that they have faced significant challenges during their time at university; this might include
- Managing a disability including specific learning difficulties
- Managing a mental health issue like anxiety or depression
- Trying to build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Adapting to student life as a mature student, care leaver, or student from a different culture or ethnic origin
- Trying to integrate in to the university community as an off campus student
- Adapting to university life as the first member of your family to come to university
- Struggling with study skills having entered university with non-traditional subjects like a BTEC Diploma
If you are interested in the course and do not meet one of the above criteria you are still encouraged to apply as there are 50 places available on the course. In previous years we have been able to open up the criteria to all students to fill the available places.
How to Apply?
Please complete the Lancaster University Frontrunner Application form 2017
Please note closing date for applications is 27th February 2017