Support for mature students
As a mature student you may have acquired more life experiences than other students. Use them as a base upon which to develop and demonstrate all the skills and qualities you have acquired.
We are here to help and support you identify your career goals and achieve them.
You may want advice on CV writing, how to maximize your previous work history or explain your change of direction.
The graduate recruitment process is constantly changing and you may need to learn about and practice psychometric tests or assessment centre challenges.
Perhaps you would like to increase your confidence in interviews or understand how to ‘sell’ yourself in the recruitment process.
If you would like to discuss your situation with Careers staff we offer a range of options; from our drop-in service to bookable appointments and our e-Guidance service 'My Queries' which is available through TARGETconnect.
TARGETconnect is our main Careers CRM for students and graduates, giving you access to range of services. These introductionary 'How to ...' videos will help you get the most out of TARGETconnect.
Please contact us if you have any difficulties accessing these or other resources.
Useful links for mature students
- Career Change - Articles and features on different types of careers as well as common practical considerations when changing career
- ACAS – Useful ‘age positive’ information despite being aimed at employers
- AGE - The European Older Person's Platform, promoting the interests of older people in the EU
- Age UK - Your Rights at Work
- GOV.UK- Age positive publications
- National Institute of Adult and Continuing Education - Supports the advancement of adult continuing education
- Third Age Employment Network - Working for people in mid and later life. See their support for individuals
- Age: Prospects.ac.uk -advice for mature students from Prospects
For more information regarding Equality and Diversity, please follow this link.