Mentoring can make a big difference to your life and your future career prospects.
The Lancaster Career Mentoring Programme gives you the opportunity to spend time with a working professional, getting an insight into what they do and how they got there. Originally designed for undergraduate students, the programme has been running since 2008 and has become progressively more popular each year. Even if you have no idea what career you would like in the future, we have mentors who can assist. Mentoring will help you assess your career goals and get you thinking in different ways about how to reach them. Apply here
The programme is mainly aimed at penultimate and finalist undergraduate students and is now also available for Masters and PhD students.
How do I sign up?
Applications for the 2018/19 programme open on the 5th June 2018 (at 4pm) and will close on 26th June 2018 (at 11.45 pm). Apply here
What makes a good mentee?
- Openness to new ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Willingness to have a go and try out different things.
- Commitment to self-development and achievement of career goals.
- Ability to give and receive constructive and honest feedback.
- Good organisation and time management.
- Willingness to take the initiative, communicate needs, desires and expectations.
For more information please refer to the Career Mentoring Guide for Mentees