Quality Improvement and Measurement in Health Care
- Quality improvement – a key foundation to improving health care
- Measurement practice in health care
- Tools and techniques for measuring Quality Improvement
- Interpreting and using measurement in Quality Improvement
- Managing data into meaningful information
By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of key principles and techniques related to quality improvement and measurement in health care. You will be able to identify and evaluate different approaches for application into your own working context.
Duration, attendance and delivery
The course usually lasts approximately 10 weeks. The blended learning structure consists of online learning, workshops, tutorials, self-study, reflection, application of learning at work and the completion of assessment tasks.
Typically your learning from this course will be assessed by asking you to work with live data to demonstrate how measurement can inform an aspect of quality improvement in your organisation.
You will need to be in a work role (paid or unpaid) which allows you the scope to put the concepts learned into practice. There are no formal qualification requirements for entry; we assess suitability on each individual application.