Understanding Organisation Development
This course sets the scene to understand the context and agenda for organisation development.
- What is Organisation Development, history, perspectives, definitions
- Theory and practice of Organisation Development
- Organisation Development and its links to: Business Strategy; HR Strategy; Systems thinking; Organisation learning
- Models for understanding your own organisation
- Developing organisation practice
- The role of Organisation Development Practitioner - limits and possibilities
Duration, attendance and delivery
The course usually lasts approximately 10 weeks. The blended learning structure consists of online learning, workshops, tutorials, self-study, reflection, application of learning at work and the completion of assessment tasks.
In 2016/17 we are transforming our courses to enable us to offer them all by online+ so you may be able to complete your course fully online. Contact us to enquire whether this course is now available via online+.
At the end of the course you will undertake an assessment. This is a work based assessment rather than a theory based essay. Typically you will be required to apply what you have learnt to your context at work, with reference to key concepts and principles of OD for their applicability and usefulness. A written piece would be around 2000 words in length.
This is a core course for students who are enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Organisation Development (exemption may be given via APL).
You will need to be in a work role (paid or unpaid) which allows you the scope to put the concepts learned into practice. There are no formal qualification requirements for entry; we assess suitability on each individual application.