Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice (Evidence Based Commissioning)
Clinical Commissioning Evidence Champions
The Innovation Agency has created a unique opportunity to enhance evidence based approaches to commissioning that supports a culture of innovation, improvement and transformation in our CCG partners.
Working with Lancaster University, we are able to offer a *fully funded bespoke learning programme designed to:
- Develop knowledge and skills for evidence based approaches to clinical commissioning
- Establish a culture committed to clinical evidence based practice in the commissioning process
- Facilitate application of learning into real workplace practices
- Create a community of practice across the North West
Duration, Attendance and Delivery
This one year programme commences in January 2017 and has been designed to minimise time away from work. A blended learning approach will combine online learning, group workshops, learning sets, personal coaching session and support for work based projects and assessment tasks that will lead to a Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice (Evidence Based Commissioning).
Who is it for?
Clinicians and managers who are interested in developing their practice around evidence based clinical commissioning, including:
- GP Trainees
- Senior Commissioning Managers
Eligibility criteria will include:
- Ability to commit to a year-long applied work-based learning programme
- Committed to the NHS Innovation and Improvement Agenda
- Commitment to own personal and professional development
- Support from own organisation to apply learning into workplace practice
*academic fees and sessional backfill for GPs and GP trainees will be provided for applicants in the North West coast including Cheshire, Merseyside, Lancashire and South Cumbria
** Applications for this course are now closed**