Lab Space and Hot Desks
In our newest £11.4M technology facility, cTAP, we invite businesses to work alongside researchers from our newly-founded Department of Chemistry and offer access to a unique suite of cutting-edge instrumentation and facilities worth almost £7 million. Base your entire company on campus, just your R&D staff, or take a hot desk when you need it.
Renting offices and integrating all or part of a business onto the campus enables faster business growth by providing easier access to our research, knowledge, events, training and facilities.
Each business is allocated a relationship manager to match the business to the appropriate skills and facilities they need.
The three-floor building provides more than 10,000 square feet of space and houses equipment and facilities across the four broad pillars of:
1. Mass Spectrometry and Separations
Including an extensive range of liquid, gas and gel permeation chromatography and spectrometry devices used to identify and detect individual compounds in complex mixtures and with applications including environmental analysis, impurity monitoring, pharmaceutical testing and forensics
2. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Including solid and liquid state NMR devices currently used for the analysis of biological samples and identification of smart materials for energy storage
3. Microscopy and Nanofabrication
Including atomic force and scanning electron microscopy used to understand the structure and surface topography of materials, alongside a nanofabrication device capable of 3D printing of structures on a nano scale
4. X-Ray facilities
Used for material analysis of crystalline substances
We have in-house expertise to train business staff to use our equipment as well as assist companies in the design and execution of experimental techniques. All of our facilities are supported by teams of experienced technicians and businesses can access them via a variety of agreements, from one off usages to exclusive hire.
International companies welcome
We welcome international companies and liaise with the Department for International Trade, the Government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.(DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets and also helps overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
GREAT.gov.uk is the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
Lancaster University’s parkland campus is situated on the outskirts of the beautiful and historic city of Lancaster, Lancashire. Lancashire is in the Northwest of England and has a large and diverse economy consisting of a strong mix of over 35,000 registered companies representing all sectors of the UK economy. Lancaster University is a truly global university, with over 12,000 students from over 120 countries. Our community extends far beyond the Northwest with research, teaching and student exchange partnerships with leading universities and institutions in 24 countries around the world from China to Brazil.
- Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 for interactions with SMEs
- Flexible and bespoke accommodation package with the option of lab scape and hot desks
- Extensive state of the art research laboratories and R&D facilities
- Access to world class research Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy, Chemical Theory and Computation and Chemical Synthesis
- Increase opportunities to access public funds for collaborative R&D.
- Opportunities for student placements throughout the year
- Assisted recruitment of graduates into your business
- Enhance and develop current services and products
- Access to high quality university staff and students
- Business development team to facilitate relationships with our local, nation and global contacts
- Specialist programmes to access international markets, e.g. take advantage of our links with China through the Lancaster China Catalyst Project
- Access extra resources from skilled students all year round
- Opportunities to partner with the University in the delivery of training
- Collaborative with other resident companies on campus in the Lancaster Environment Centre & InfoLab21- annual events programme with company breakfast/lunch meetings
- Access to the wider university community through business partnerships staff
If you would like further information on office space solutions or if you have any queries please feel free to contact Jenny Roberts, our Business Co-location Administrator:
Direct Line: +44 (0)1524 510 409