College & Residences Lancaster University


College Officers (aka the SCR Exec)


The Senior Common Room (SCR) are University staff who are members of the college. Some of these members take a very active role in managing the College.


The Principal & Vice Principal


Rachel Fligelstone is the Principal, and she heads up the senior members of the college, representing County at many levels and on various committees. The Vice Principal is Dr Steve Dempster. You can contact either of them by emailing the College Office.


The Deanery


The Dean is Dr Steve Dempster, responsible for the discipline in the college, and he will adjudicate on any cases presented to him by the Assistant Deans. The 'ADs' live in the college and are normally postgraduate students. The Assistant Deans are Jenni Carter, Kirsty Lee, Mathew Gillings and Ricardo Zozimo.


You can contact Dr Dempster by calling 01524 592860, or by email. For more information see the Deanery page.


College Administrator


The County College Administrator is Ali Moorhouse and she deals with general college enquiries, welfare, loans and transfers. You can contact her by telephone on 01524 592562, or by email.


Senior Advisor


Ruth Paterson is the Senior Advisor, responsible for the general welfare arrangements in the college and its advisory system. You should see the Senior Advisor if you are experiencing difficulties or wish to change your College Advisor. You can contact Ruth by telephone on 01524 510086 or by email. For more information see the Welfare page.


Wellbeing Officer


The County Wellbeing Officer is Kate Deeming, who is here to provide guidance on welfare and psychological issues. We recognise that experiencing difficulties with health, relationships or other personal issues can make it hard to concentrate on your studies and Kate is here to help. If you have specific needs related to your personal circumstances, Kate can also guide you to more specialist support. You can contact Kate by emailing


Residence Officers


The County College Residence Officer is Jacqui Brian and she is responsible for the day to day management of the accommodation on campus. You can contact her by telephone on 01524 594699 or by emailing the County Residence Office. The College Residence Assistant is Michelle Wood. For a breakdown of the types of accommodation we offer in County, see the Residences page.




The County Porters are Dick, John, Lee and Ian, and they offer a 24 hour service during term time. You can find them in the Porter's Lodge if you need them and this also the place you will need to go to collect your mail. You can call them on 01524 592560. If for some reason you are unable to contact them, you can call University Security on 01524 594541.


County College
County Students
Live at the Oak
County Oak Tree