The Collegiate System
Lancaster University has over 12,000 students, and most colleges have about 1,300 undergraduate student members. Being a student at Lancaster means you won’t ever find yourself alone as you are always part of the smaller, close-knit community of your college.
- All students are members of a college
- All university staff are members of a college
- Every college has its own bar and social facilities.
- You can play sport for your college as part of the intense intercollegiate rivalry.
- You graduate with your fellow College members, not your department
- Colleges run their own social events such as Christmas Balls, Summer Parties
- You can develop your CV by getting involved in the running of your college
- All students have access to to the Pendle Advisor (Welfare) Team
- College affiliation is for life, not just while you study!
Your college offers a ready-made social network, welfare support, accommodation, and leisure facilities helping you to find your feet and settle quickly into your studies and your social life. You can get involved in the running of your college, which is a great way to develop your CV.
Pendle College organises social evens for its members from Christmas Balls to the Summer Extrav. There’s great inter-college rivalry and you will have the opportunity to represent Pendle in a range of sports, whatever your level of ability. In your college you’ll meet students studying a huge range of subjects, and within your department you’ll meet members from all of the other colleges. It’s a great way to develop friendships across campus.
The College Membership Fee is payable by all new members of Pendle College (and all other colleges). This income is spent mainly on supporting the College’s Advisory system, travel grants to student members, maintaining and improving communal areas of the College (i.e. the College social space facilities) and subsidising JCR ventures such as the end of term parties, trips off campus for shopping and nightclubs, and so on.
Standard Membership — £36
All undergraduate members of Pendle College have to pay this one-off fee, which covers the full period of your degree. Please pay your Membership Fee online hereBEFORE Arrivals Day.
Exchange Student Membership — £12
A fee of £12 will apply for visiting students staying with Pendle College for an academic year or any part of the academic year. Please, if possible, pay your Membership Fee online here BEFORE Arrivals Day.