The Internal Communications function is responsible for university-wide communication with our 2,300 academic and professional members of staff.
They ensure that:
- University-wide messages, announcements, events and successes are delivered in a timely way and via the most appropriate communications channel, whether that’s face-to-face, online, digital or paper based.
- There are opportunities for staff to feedback, exchange ideas and have their say.
- Information from the University’s decision-making bodies is routinely communicated.
- Messages are clear and consistent and in line with what we’re saying to the media and our students.
- Relationships are strengthened between different departments, whether academic or professional.
- The University’s 2020 Strategy is brought to life so all staff work towards the same organisational goals.
Our communications channels include:
- LU Text – Our weekly email update of university-wide messages.
- All staff email
- Staff Intranet
- Vice-Chancellor Open Meetings – Chance to hear from the VC, including a question and answer session.
- Vice-Chancellor Forums – Workshop-style sessions providing an opportunity to meet with the Vice-Chancellor and debate topics of strategic importance.
- Plasma screens – Visual displays of information in key locations.
Internal Communication Enquiries
Web: In LU