Instagram Photography Competition 2017-18
Share your Lancaster experience with us and you could win up to £100
Staff and students at Lancaster University can enter the Instagram Photo Competition by posting a photo on a different theme each month.
We’ll choose a monthly winner who will receive a £20 Amazon voucher, and at the end of the academic year, all winners will be included in a public social media vote to win the overall Lancaster University Instagram photo of the year and a £100 Amazon voucher.
Monthly themes and hashtags for 2017-18
#mylancasteruni ~ Show us how you’re making Lancaster University your home and getting to know the city.
#luglobal ~ Celebrating all that is global about life at Lancaster University.
#lancschristmas ~ Show us how you’re celebrating the festive season at Lancaster University.
#januaryhighs ~ Rather than focusing on the ‘January blues’ show us your #januaryhighs at Lancaster University.
#lovelancaster ~ Share what you love most about Lancaster University.
#springatlancaster ~ Share your spring photos at Lancaster University.
#revisewiselancaster ~ Share your top tips, study selfies and stationery flat lays to keep everyone going on those long days revising in the library
#summeratlancaster ~ Share your exam celebrations, extrav party costumes and sunny campus scenes
Social media vote for overall winner!
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to staff and students of Lancaster University aged 18 years or over except those connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Entrants must submit a social media post or photo to Lancaster University showing their experience of the monthly hashtag (check @lancasteruni Instagram bio for details). Routes to entry for the competition are via instagram.com. Entries via Instagram must be made with the specific hashtag and direct mention to @LancasterUni. Entry will be available during the academic year October 2017 – June 18 (excluding April 2018). Outside these dates no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- The prizes are as follows: a prize of £20 Amazon voucher for the winner of each monthly hashtag theme and an overall prize of £100 amazon voucher for the overall winner to be announced in August 2018. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Lancaster University is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Winners for each monthly hashtag theme will be chosen by the Lancaster University social media team and the overall winner will be decided via a social media vote on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during July 2018.
- The winners will be notified by direct message via Instagram for each monthly hashtag competition and the overall winner will be announced at the end of the academic year in August 2018. Lancaster University will notify the hashtag winners and the overall winner with details of when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winners of each monthly hashtag theme and the overall winner will be announced through social media. These announcements will include the name / social media handle of the winner and the winning image.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. Any personal data collected will not be cross-referenced with any other University-held data.
- Lancaster University reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
If you have any queries regarding this competition or these terms, please contact email@example.com