A quick guide to what's happening as a result of feedback taken from Student Forum events
- The Careers team has worked to improve its newsletters. In response to student feedback, they have developed more visual email templates and now use hyperlinks to reduce the amount of text.
- Students can also now edit and customise their TargetConnect homepage, and signposting on the homepage has been made more clear.
- Applicant to applicant chat is currently being trialled with a view to being launched in Easter 2016.
- A virtual tour is being developed that will give more detailed tours of campus.
- More dynamic and engaging content is being added to the prospective student's view of iLancaster.
- The team is working to remedy confusion around the area of logins by reducing the number of logins and the number of times they need to be entered.
- They are trying to make communications clearer so that new students know how and when to change their iLancaster profiles.
- A communications timeline is being developed that will enable incoming students to understand the pre-arrival process.
- A new Welcome Week timetable is being designed by the iLancaster team to include social and academic events.
Study support and learning opportunities
- Short, drop-in training sessions (called DigiBites) our now available in the new DigiPod in the Learning Zone. They cover specific topics that students identified as training needs and provide a face-to-face alternative to online options.
- Students can now ask a Digital Advisor for help to improve digital skills at regular drop-in slots in the Learning Zone.
- A number of short online courses are being developed via Moodle to help improve digital skills for coursework and employability. They offer OpenBadges that can be used in your online profiles to show course achievement, provide options for a Lancaster Digital Skills certificate and points towards your Lancaster Award.