A quick guide to what's happening as a result of feedback taken from Student Forum events
- The Careers team has worked to improve its newsletters. In response to student feedback, they have developed more visual email templates and now use hyperlinks to reduce the amount of text.
- Students can also now edit and customise their TargetConnect homepage, and signposting on the homepage has been made more clear.
- A series of Instagram takeovers have been developed to give students the chance to share their skills and experiences.
- A range of interactive feel-good events such as the Duck Hunt, Dogy Destress session and Easter Egg Hunt have been shared using social media.
- Attendance Check-In improvements include: everything is now in one place in the Attendance Hub, Geolocation now provides an additional method of checking in and self-certify absence is a now available.
- The team is working to remedy confusion around the area of logins by reducing the number of logins and the number of times they need to be entered.
- They are trying to make communications clearer so that new students know how and when to change their iLancaster profiles.
Assessment and feedback
- Physics began running a pilot project looking at the frequency of assessment and technology for online assessment.
- LEC began a three-year phased move to 100% online assessment and feedback.
- A communications timeline has been developed that enables incoming students to understand the pre-arrival process.
- A new Welcome Week timetable was designed by the iLancaster team to include social and academic events.
Study support and learning opportunities
- Short, drop-in training sessions (called DigiBites) are now available in the new DigiPod in the Learning Zone. They cover specific topics that students identified as training needs and provide a face-to-face alternative to online options.
- Students can now ask a Digital Advisor for help to improve digital skills at regular drop-in slots in the Learning Zone.