More employment opportunities
You said… you want help finding part-time work and preparing for graduate employment.
So we… provided an on-campus Employment & Recruitment Service and more opportunities to gain support and experience.
- The Employment & Recruitment Service is Lancaster University’s own professional recruitment agency, introduced to help our students find part-time and local graduate positions.
- You said that you loved our careers mentoring programme and wanted more, so in 2017-18 we attracted the largest number of mentors yet, supporting 284 students.
- Students outside LUMS said that you would like the option of a placement year. We’ve listened and worked with more departments who now have this in place or are working towards it.
- You also said you wanted help networking with employers, so we introduced practical workshops.
- You said you wanted to meet with Careers more and so the team now hold drop-in sessions providing careers help every weekday morning and afternoon.
For more information on how Lancaster University can help you find employment, visit the Careers website.