The Facilities department covers a huge range of University activities, including new building and refurbishment projects, grounds maintenance, cleaning, security and portering, conferences, trading activities and much more.
- Providing excellence by best professional advice in relation to the management, operation and maintenance of the University estate.
- Assisting, advising and providing data to meet the University's strategic priorities.
- Being responsive to the operational needs of the University and changing requirements of the University community.
- Having regard at all times to the possible impact of estate developments and facilities provision on the local community and the environment.
- Seeking effectiveness, efficiency and value for money in respect of all activities undertaken and services provided.
- Seeking to maximise client satisfaction, in respect of facilities and services provided, within available resources and compliance with statutory requirements and codes of good practice.
- Promotion of a comprehensive quality management approach for the Office and pursuit of a staff training and development programme to improve skills and working performance standards of the Office.