Promotions to Chairs & Readerships
Academic Promotion (to Grade 8 or 9) and Teaching/Research only Promotion (to Grade 9)
Cases are invited for the 2013/14 academic promotions round. The deadline for candidates and their HoDs to electronically submit their case paperwork to the Faculty Office is Friday 6 December.
- Promotions Criteria **UPDATED**
- Research Only Criteria
- Teaching Only Criteria
- Example Senior Lecturer Promotion Case - Teaching-Led (HoD & Candidate Statements)
- Example Grade 8 Promotion Case (HoD & Candidate Statements)
Academic Promotion Forms
The promotions guidance for candidates and HoDs has been updated for 2013/14. Staff are advised to read the guidance before preparing for the submission of a case.
- Guidance for Candidates
- Guidance for HoDs
- Checklist of Documents (HR/PC/14/03)
- Summary Sheet (HR/PC/14/04)
- Personal Statement (HR/PC/14/07)
- HoD Report on Performance (HR/PC/14/05)
- Reference Form - Promotions Grade 9 (HR/PC/14/08)
Academic Probation Forms
The probation policy for academic staff has been updated for 2013/14.
- Probation Policy for Academic Staff
- Template Probationary Agreement for Academic Staff
- Probation Review Form for Academic Staff