The ISS security pages will help keep you safe on the ISS networks and the Internet. This page contains links to a range of security pages including one to the University Information Security Policy and Processes document.
Information Security Training
Information is very valuable and the cost of keeping it secure and accurate is expensive – not just in terms of money but resources such as time and people. The ISS online training looks at all areas of the Information Security Policy.
More details on the ISS classroom and online training is available from the ISS Security Training pages.
- University guidance on the use of IT resources within security projects.
- Security Guidance - guidance on current security topics including: Phishing, Safe Browsing, Passwords & Encryption.
The following pages help you keep secure against online security threats:
- Top Ten Security Tips - Top tips for keeping secure online.
- Threat Watch - lists recent threats.
- Safe Social Networking - Social networks like Facebook can be used to steal your ID.
- Install Symantec Security - install Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Managing your passwords:
- Password Expiry - your network password expires after a set period.
- Password Advice - how to choose and create passwords.
- Changing Passwords - how to change your password.
- Data Encryption options - commonly used encryption methods.
- Information Security - Technical Controls implemented by ISS.