IT Training Sessions and Short Courses
IT courses for staff are offered in term time only. All courses (unless otherwise stated) require booking online and are free for Lancaster University staff.
- MOS: Self Study or Workshops
- Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word 2010
- Windows 7 and Office 2010 General User Tips 'n' Tricks
- Introducing Outlook Web App (demo)
- MANDATORY: Information Security
- Updated: Information Security Practical Advice
- NEW: Adobe® Acrobat® Professional
- Introduction to Endnote - reference manager and writing solution
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Video Conferencing
- Maths and Stats short courses (Fees may apply. Not delivered by ISS.)
- NEW: Moodle – Learning Technology for Blended Learning
- NEW: Moodle – Learning Technology for Distance Learning
- NEW: Moodle for Course Administrators (Admin staff focus)
- NEW: Introduction to Mahara
- NEW: Using Desktop Video Conferencing for Teaching
- NEW: e-Assessment using Turnitin and Grademark
- NEW: Introduction to Computer Aided Assessment at Lancaster
- Using Questionmark Perception for Online Assessments
- Using Audio Visual Equipment in Lecture Theatres
- NEW: Using the Panopto lecture recording solution in Lecture Theatres
- An Introduction to Student Records (Basic)
- Intermediate Student Records System
- Course/Programme Handbook
- Marks Management (Academic Marks)
- Attendance Monitoring
Office 2007 and Office 2010 Support
The ISS Service Desk provides support for your IT queries and problems. Opening hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday-Friday.
Please email ISS Service Desk or phone 01524 5 10987.
Alternatively there may be answers to your IT questions and problems online at LancasterAnswers available 24/7.
Group IT Training Sessions
Does your team need help in developing the relevant Office 2007 or Office 2010 IT skills? ISS offer training to groups of five or more. We can arrange a mutually convenient time and location. Interested?
Contact ISS Training.
Last updated: 11.11.13