Providing a quality service in support of excellence in research.
AXA Research Fund Postdoctoral/Junior Research Fellowships
RCSO have applied for and been granted the opportunity to put forward one candidate for the 2015 round of Axa Research Fund Postdoctoral/Junior Research Fellowships.The fellowship is for €120,000 for 24 months which will cover salary and research expenses. Full call details are available at www.axa-research.org/post-doctoral-fellowship.
As Lancaster University can only submit one proposal to the funder, prospective applicants are invited to submit electronic copies of the following toRSO-Submissions:@lancaster.ac.uk by 5pm on Friday 28/11/2014:
• Extended synopsis of the research project - max 1.5 A4 pages plus references
• CV - max 2 A4 pages plus a half-page of the most relevant publications
• Career Statement - max 1 A4 page, detailing the link between the PhD thesis and the postdoctoral project, justification of the choice of the host institution, professional objectives of the applicant and how the AXA Research Fund fellowship can contribute to achieving these objectives.
• Confirmation of support from Head of Department – candidates must discuss their application with their Head of Department/Associate Dean for Research before making an internal application and confirmation of support must be included in the response.
Please see the RCSO here for further details of the internal call:
The RCSO provides an advice and guidance service in support of externally-funded research grants and projects.
Details of the support provided can be found here:-
- Decision workflow for externally funded projects
- Definition and Accounting for externally funded projects
- Delegated financial approval limits for research and non-research externally funded projects
- Cradle to grave research grant administration: Research Grant and Contracts Administration Procedures
- RCSO Responsibilities