35th Capital of the Ducal Palace Lower Arcade
This, in Ruskinís final system, adopted from Selvatico (1847) p.128, and starting from the Ponte della Paglia, is the thirty-fifth of the capitals of the Ducal Palace. Series of Capitals of Lower Arcade.
- Number in Ruskinís final system: 35
- Alternative number starting from Porta della Carta: 2
- Number, using Ruskinís final system, of earlier model: 4
- Subject matter: Children
- Leafage 4th Order: Notebook M2 p.103, and compare the division into rows in Plate XX at Works, 10.431. See Works, 11.276 for a list of the buildings from which the images at Plate XX are taken, and Works, 11.276-278 for a discussion of the development of the leafage of capitals.
- Date: 15th Century
- Notebook references: Notebook M2 pp.90-91; Notebook M2 p.103; Notebook M2 p.104 Palace Book p.54L (where it is called the 17th, i.e. counting from the 18th capital in Ruskinís final system towards the Porta della Carta)
- Library Edition references: Works, 10.425
|Detail of 35th capital in its current state|
[Version 0.05: May 2008]