Moveable Barbecues for Events Organised by Colleges, Departments or LUSU
Moveable charcoal barbecues (not including disposable barbecues) and gas barbecues may be used at events organised by Colleges, Departments or LUSU but must be supervised by a nominated responsible member of the University agreed by the Health and Safety Office.
- They may be used only in locations agreed at least two weeks in advance, with Facilities and the Health and Safety Office
- There must be a written system of operation which is designed to ensure safety and has been agreed with the Health and Safety Office.
- The written system of operation must include the arrangements for the disposal of the used charcoal or the safe storage of the gas cylinders
- The Health and Safety Office will advise Security on the date / location of the event
NB. Where barbecues of this type are intended to form part of a much larger event a risk assessment will be required for the whole event and not just the barbecue.
Information Required By the Health and Safety Office
To help us to process your request and grant approval please include the following information when you contact the Health and Safety Office:
- The Date of your event
- The start and end time of your event
- The name of the responsible person who will be present throughout the event.
- The proposed location of the barbecue
- Details of who will be in charge of the barbecue i.e. is it someone in your party or is it an external caterer?
- Details of other activities that may be part of your event
Last updated: date