Control of Carcinogenic Substances
Guidance with respect to the provisions of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health in relation to carcinogenic substances.
Precautions must be taken to control carcinogenic substances based on an assessment of risk. The assessment must identify whether substances to which this policy relates are present and, if so, the nature and extent of the risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
Head of Department
- to ensure that arrangements are in place to ensure that risk assessments of work with carcinogenic substances are carried out
- to ensure that the listed, prohibited substances are not used or produced
- to ensure that the procedures for the use of carcinogenic substances are followed
- to make full and proper use of control measures provided
- to report any defect in control measures
Last updated: date