Display Screen Equipment
The University is required to comply with the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992.
All workstations must comply to a minimum standard. Eyesight tests, and in some cases corrective appliances, must be provided for "users".
Training must be provided for "users". Checklists and a flow chart are provided to determine which persons are users and to assist in the assessment of workstations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Department
- designate "users" of display screen equipment
- nominate a departmental display screen assessor
- arrange for the implementation of remedial action identified by the assessment of work stations
- ensure that the display screen equipment and software complies with the minimum standard
- ensure that work routines incorporate changes of activity
The Departmental Display Screen Assessor
- assess all work stations against the minimum standard
- keep records of assessments
- give list of remedial actions required to Head of Department
- ensure "users" receive adequate training and information
The Safety Office
- arrange eyesight tests for "users"
- arrange training for departmental assessors
Last updated: date