Health and Safety Policy - Statement of Intent
It is the policy of Lancaster University to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees.
- that those not employed but who may be affected by the University's work activities, such as students, visitors and contractors, are not exposed to avoidable or unacceptable risks to their health and safety.
- that articles and substances are used, handled, stored and transported safely.
- that appropriate health and safety information, instruction, training and supervision is provided.
- that safe plant and systems of work are provided.
Further, it is the policy of Lancaster University:
- to provide and maintain appropriate procedures for action to be taken in case of fire and other emergencies, including injuries and dangerous occurrences, and for their effective reporting and recording.
- to provide and maintain procedures for consultation with all employees on any measures at the workplace which may substantially affect the health and safety of employees.
- to develop and maintain a high degree of safety consciousness and positive attitudes to health and safety throughout the University.
Professor Mark E Smith Vice-Chancellor March 2012
Last updated: date