1. Get the app
Our free iLancaster app is your interactive day planner. Download it before you set off from the App Store or Play Store. You can use the maps to help explore and navigate campus or browse the list of events and activities taking place to help plan your programme for the day.
3. Visit your department
One of the most important things to do is to visit the department that teaches your chosen subject. Academic staff will be giving talks throughout the day. This is your chance to meet them, ask questions about the courses they teach and get a flavour of Lancaster's academic life. You'll find a list of departmental talks and times in your Open Day Programme or on iLancaster.
4. Check out the accommodation
Lancaster's on-campus accommodation has won or been shortlisted for Best University Halls for the last seven years, and we're one of a handful of universities to hold the International Accommodation Quality Mark, awarded for over 90% satisfaction among international students. Don't miss your chance to see it for yourself and talk to our accommodation staff about what we have to offer.
6. Explore our campus
Guided walking tours will show you the best bits of our 560-acre campus. There's no need to book, and tours last 45 minutes. There's nothing to stop you exploring our campus on your own, of course!
8. Visit our sports centre
Sport is a big part of many Lancaster students' lives. We have excellent indoor and outdoor facilities and there is a team or society for just about everything. You can always just drop in for a swim or to use the gym, of course! Catch a shuttle bus or take a walk down the hill to have a look round our new sports centre.
9. Take a stroll round Lancaster
Lancaster is the city on our doorstep, and plays a big part in making the Lancaster experience so special. A little further afield we have the Lake District National Park and The Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding National Beauty. Why not make time to have a look around before you head home?
Share your Open Day and win
Share your Lancaster University Open Day on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and we'll put you in the draw for your chance to win an iPad. Just post your pics while you're at the Open Day mentioning Lancaster or using the hashtag #DestinationLancaster.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of Lancaster University and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Entrants must submit a social media post or photo to Lancaster University showing their experience at one of the 2017 Lancaster University Open Days.
- Routes to entry for the competition are via facebook.com, twitter.com and instagram.com.
- Entries via Twitter must be made with direct mention to @LancasterStudy, @LancasterUni or include the hashtag #DestinationLancaster.
- Entries via Facebook must be made with direct mention to www.facebook.com/LancasterStudy or www.facebook.com/LancasterUniversity or include the hashtag #DestinationLancaster.
- Entries via Instagram must be made with direct mention to @LancasterUni or include the hashtag #DestinationLancaster.
- Entry will be available on the Lancaster University Open Days only: 14/07/17, 15/07/17, 02/09/17 and 22/09/17. Outside these dates no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- The prize is as follows: four iPads will be provided for four winners, one drawn from each of the four entry dates. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Lancaster University is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all valid entries received and verified by Lancaster University. Prize winners will be disqualified from entries on the subsequent dates.
- The winners will be notified by direct message via the social network they entered on within 28 days of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Lancaster University will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material regarding the competition, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. Any personal data collected will not be cross-referenced with any other University-held data.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
- Lancaster University reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
If you have any queries regarding this competition or these terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.