Equality news archive
Summer break for Lancaster Equality News
Lancaster Equality News will be taking a break during August, but will be back in September.
Updated promotions criteria recognise equality leadership
Lancaster University has revised its promotions criteria for 2016/17 to explicitly reward work which boosts equality, diversity and inclusion within the institution.
New guide published for departments starting the Athena SWAN process
Lancaster University is leading the drive to recruit non-STEMM departments to Athena SWAN by publishing a handy guide to getting started on the process.
First meeting for LGBT working group
Lancaster staff have given an enthusiastic welcome to the formation of the new LGBT working group.
Lancaster department shares best practice on supporting disabled students
Lancaster's Physics department has become the first in the UK to be consulted by the Institute of Physics in its drive to identify best practice in supporting disabled students.
Lancaster celebrates National Women in Engineering Day
National Women in Engineering Day is taking place again on 23 June 2016 with the aim of the day being to support, inspire, celebrate and raise the profile of women in engineering.
New LGBT working group - call for members
Staff from across the university are invited to express their interest in becoming a member of Lancaster University’s new LGBT working group.
Lancaster mourns Orlando victims
Staff and students from Lancaster university came together to hold a vigil for victims of a homophobic shooting in Orlando.
She is Sustainable Lancaster
She is Sustainable Lancaster has been organised for 19-20 July to support women in early and developing sustainability careers.
Challenging Gendered Media Mis(s)Representations of Women Professionals & Leaders
Lancaster University Management School is hosting a one-day seminar which will explore effective approaches to tackling gendered media misrepresentations of women professionals and leaders.
Symposium: Changing Education? Researching Diversity and Participation
Lancaster University’s Department of Educational Research is hosting a symposium examining the changing nature of education and the ways in which this has impacted on diversity and participation in education both in the UK and internationally.
Lancaster linguists issue advice on non-sexist language
Academics from Lancaster's Linguistics and English Language department have issued a guidance leaflet on the use of non-sexist language in academia.
Athena SWAN Bronze for Chemistry
Lancaster's Chemistry department, one of the newest in the country, has been awarded an Athena SWAN Bronze award for its work on gender equality for staff and students.
Lancaster departments form innovative Athena SWAN partnerships
Lancaster's science departments are working together to share expertise in gender equality.
- Athena SWAN lecture 2015
- Psychology Department awarded Athena SWAN Bronze
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships 2015
- Undergraduate engineering fellowships for under-represented groups
- Fellowships for STEM professionals returning to work after a career break
- Making Professor event 2014
- Daphne Jackson Trust Fellowships
- Girls considering engineering told to 'go for it!'
- Double award for Lancaster
- Physics Department Awarded IOP Juno Champion Status
- WInSET debate 2013
- The 'Missing Women' in Higher Education Leadership Conference
- Funding help for female postgraduates
- WES Student Conference 2012 - Engineering Inspiration
- Athena SWAN Regional Network Meeting
- Making Professor Event
- Psychologist awarded £10,000 National Teaching Fellowship
- Bronze Award Success
- British Federation of Women Graduates scholarships
- L'Oréal UK and Ireland Fellowships For Women In Science
- Encouraging Women in Science
- Lancaster's Bronze Award