A message from the Vice-Chancellor
Equality, diversity and inclusion lie at the heart of all Lancaster University activity and we are very proud of our work in this area. In this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Vision 2020 we set out the vision, strategic aims/objectives and measure of success.
Through this strategic vision, we will:
- Implement a set of actions to further advance equality, diversity and inclusion for all.
- Provide information and advice on developments that affect you.
- Raise awareness of your rights and responsibilities.
- Provide information that explains how you can contribute.
- Demonstrate how equality, diversity and inclusion delivers improvements in line with the aims of the University’s Strategic Plan 2020.
I am particularly pleased to be able to share this Strategic Vision with you and I am personally committed to help achieve its success. Through our collective efforts and through effective implementation, we can make a difference by creating an environment where we can all enjoy, respect and benefit from our diverse community.
Professor Mark E. Smith, Vice-Chancellor