Structure, modules and assessment
You will study a range of modules as part of your course, some examples are listed below.
Students are assessed through formative and summative assessment including mini-research proposals, a small-scale research project, critical analysis and reviews of policy documents, a dissertation.
- ED.S831 (30 credits) Education, Evaluation and Research (Melis Cin)
- ED.S832 (30 credits) Tutor-Supported Independent Study (Nicola Ingram)
- ED.S834 (30 credits) Key Issues and Theories in Social Justice and Education (Murat Oztok)
- ED.S833 (60 credits) Research Dissertation (15,000-20,000 words)
Students can currently choose between two elective modules based on their individual research interests:
- ED.S835 (30 credits) Challenging Educational Inequalities
- ED.S836 (30 credits) Policies, Ideologies and Interventions in Education
Information contained on the website with respect to modules is correct at the time of publication, but there may be some unavoidable changes, for example as a result of student feedback, staff changes, new research and other factors.