Online and Distance learning
We offer a portfolio of research-led continuing professional development at doctoral level.
The Educational Research Department has considerable experience of supporting online and distance learners and we aim to make all our PhD students feel that they are full members of the Department and part of the PhD community. Wherever possible we facilitate online participation at events and seminars organised by the Department.
All students have access to Moodle which is our Virtual Learning Environment.
Many resources, for example, journal articles, required for PhD study will be available online through the OneSearch facility offered by the Library. Additionally the Library provides extra services for Distance Learners.
Our current PhD programmes are:
- PhD in Educational Research - Higher Education - four residentials per year
- PhD in Higher Education: Research, Evaluation and Enhancement - supported entirely online
- PhD in Education and Social Justice - supported entirely online
- PhD in E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning - supported online with residentials in Year 1 & Year 2
- Traditional route PhD - independent study