Each of the six modules as well as the final thesis is assessed. The assessment schedule is divided into three parts.
1. Assessment of Part One of the Programme consists of:
- A written assignment of 6-8,000 words (or equivalent) for PCOD, ELW, LTA.
- Three short assignments for Module A (5-6,000 words equivalent, in total).
- Four short submissions (reports, presentations, exercises), which summarise three strands of action research for Module B. Though the reports themselves will be short (500 - 1000 words), they will be assessed in the context of an interim portfolio of supporting documentation and evidence.
2. Following completion of Part One those students progressing as PhD level students must produce a PhD confirmation document, reviewing work carried out in Part One and containing a research plan for the PhD thesis (3-5,000 words equivalent).
3. Assessment of Part Two of the Programme consists of:
- Three further short assignments for Module C (2-3,000 words equivalent, in total).
- A thesis of 40-50,000 words equivalent for the PhD; 20-30,000 words equivalent for the MPhil.
- There is an oral examination for the PhD thesis.