The Unit currently has the following research interests and would be happy to explore any of these with interested parties.
Rapid Design, Prototyping and Manufacture
- Rapid technologies in novel applications
- Industrial applications of rapid technologies to make time/cost saving
- Medical and facial applications of rapid prototyping techniques
- Virtual environment modeling and business applications
- The use of CAD technologies to streamline/challenge conventional design processes
More information on these areas can be found on the National Rapid Design, Prototyping and Manufacture Conference website - an event co-organised by LPDU.
- The use of eco-design methods within industry to make time/cost savings
- The interpretation of carbon footprinting/weighting in various applications and where boundaries should be drawn
- Investigating challenges posed by carbon footprinting/weighting in manufacturing
Engaging HEIs and the Wider Community
- The benefits gained by regional construction SMEs after undergoing work-based training
- The role of HEIs in designing and delivering economic regeneration Projects/Programmes
- Theorising the process of knowledge exchange and technology transfer between Universities and Businesses
- Understanding the quantitative and qualitative impacts of University-delivered business support