Liam James Cooper was awarded the Frederic Barnes Waldron ‘Best Student’ Prize, following recommendation from the Regional Committee. The award is made each year to the student who is considered to be the all-round ‘best student,’ and both undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible. Liam was awarded a certificate and medal during the event.
The IMechE Project Prize, a certificate and medal, awarded to the most outstanding Mechanical Engineering project, was given to Jack Rhodes. His project title was ‘Cavitation in Pumping System Components’ and was supervised by Professor George Aggidis.
Michael Wray won the Stopford Prize for the best 'Chemical Engineering student or student project', and received a certificate plus £100.
The Elekta Prize for Best Female Engineering Student, a certificate plus £50, was awarded to Laura Gould.
Best Student Certificates were also awarded to:
- Mechanical Engineering: Larysa Tymczyszyn
- Mechatronic Engineering: Abdul-Hafiz Alako
- Nuclear Engineering: Anthony Physick
- Sustainable Engineering: Fatma Almulla
And, Best Project Certificates were awarded to:
- Mechanical Engineering: Aadil Faiz
- Mechatronic Engineering: Giorgos Antoniou
- Nuclear Engineering: Ben Stannard
- Sustainable Engineering: Matthew Borthwick
In addition, five students have been nominated for the Professor Michael French Prize:
- Giorgos Antoniou
- Abigail Carson
- Elliot Mallen
- Jack Rhodes
- Sanjay Yadav
These students will now have to submit a letter to judges, highlighting the creativity and originality in their project activities.