Vacuum electronics is the beginning of the modern electronics. About sixty years ago the first tube was operating. After the advent of solid state electronics (transistor) its role was reduced. However, wherever is required power at kW, MW or higher level the only solution is a vacuum electron tube.
The vacuum tubes can be divided in two families
- slow wave devices: travelling wave tube, klystron, cross field amplifiers, backward wave oscillators
- fast wave devices: gyrotron, free electron lasers and magnicon
No compact and low cost source are available for enabling the numerous applications in field such as security, healthcare, non destructive imaging, high speed data rate communications.
- Analysis, design and fabrication of innovative configuration of vacuum tubes
- Evaluation of the accuracy of 3D particle in cells codes
What we did
- Analysis method for helix slow wave structures (SWSs)
- Optimization method of the dielectric support rods
- Statistical analysis of helix SWS
What we will do
- Accurate analysis method for novel interaction structures
Who we are looking for
Students that likes interdisciplinary approaches, full of initiative and ready to overcome new frontiers. Electronics, physics, electromagnetism, material science, chemistry are only some of the required backgrounds.