How to Apply
Applying for English Literature and Creative Writing degree programmes.
We welcome applications from those who feel they may meet the entry criteria stated below. If you would like to discuss the entry requirements or your eligibility for the programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All full time Undergraduate applications to Lancaster University should be made via the UCAS website. We look forward to receiving your application.
Entry requirements for applicants
Our standard offer for 2016 entry is:
Three A-levels at AAA or AAB with one of the As in English Literature or English Language and Literature.
We occasionally make lower offers and sometimes accept students who fall slightly short of the requirements.
We do not admit anyone without an English Literature or English Language and Literature A-level or equivalent. (Students with only an English Language A-level or only an English Literature AS-level are ineligible.)
- Scottish Highers ABBBB with A in Advanced Higher English
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Offers will be made on the basis of 5 or 6 Higher level subjects. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office (01524 592028) for further information.
- BTEC: DD plus A level English Literature or Language and Literature, grade A.
- IB 35 or 36 overall (with 16 points from best three HL courses)
- Mature Students: Applications are welcomed from mature students who can show evidence of recent and successful formal study, for example an Access course with 6-8 unit distinctions and distinctions in all available English Literature units.
- French Baccalaureate: 14 (or 13.5 for OIB)
- European Baccalaureate: 82% overall
- German Abitur: 1.7 overall
- Cypriot Apolytirion: 18.5 overall, with 18 in English.
- USA Students: 3.4 in High School Diploma plus grades 5, 4, 4 in Aps.
- IELTS: 6.5 or above.
Our offers do not include the Welsh Baccalaureate. Applicants with this qualification will be made an offer on the basis of three A levels (or equivalent) in the usual way. However, we do acknowledge the value of the Welsh Baccalaureate and this may be taken into account when the results are announced in the summer.
Making an Application
Lancaster University and UCAS provide all the basic information and forms needed to apply. Please visit the following websites:
Fees & Funding
For information on tuition fees and funding visit the Student Registry.