Get plugged into Lancaster’s Digital network
Digital Lancaster are hosting a free networking event on Thursday 29th of March at The Borough on Dalton Square, to talk all-things digital and help bring like-minded people together. Digital Lancaster are part of Digital Lancashire, a not-for-profit community interest company aiming to accelerate the growth of the digital economy within Lancashire. This is a great opportunity for any budding digital entrepreneurs in the city!
You can register your attendance through Eventbrite.
‘A journey to creative social action’
Drivers for Change are looking for young leaders aged 18-26 who are motivated to create social change within their communities, to join a 10 day journey across the UK this Summer. The 10 day learning experience aims to inspire future leaders through exploring how the arts, social enterprise and business can come together to create social change in UK communities. Through taking part in the programme it is hoped that participants will:
- Build their networks, connect with like-minded people
- Receive practical advice and support to create their own social action or enterprise plan
- Be inspired by social leaders from across the UK
- Access mentoring opportunities
- Develop an understanding of a diverse range of social challenges around the UK
Applications close: 26th March 2018
To find out more about the programme and how to apply, please visit the Drivers for Change website.
‘Leading event on social value’
The Social Value Summit is run by Social Enterprise UK with the the support of Business in the Community. The event brings together commissioners and providers from across the public, private and social sectors, aiming to build cross-sector networks and partnerships whilst also showcasing best practices in measurement, frameworks and procurement.
The event is a great opportunity to hear from expert speakers, hear all the latest news and information, discuss current challenges & opportunities and network with leaders from across sectors.
When? 28th of February, 2018
Where? IET London: Savoy Place
To find out more about the event and book your tickets, visit the Social Enterprise UK website. Early Bird ticket sales end this Friday the 12th of January.
Event packed with inspiration and advice
Looking for inspiration and advice on how to start a business, be your own boss or just want to improve your entrepreneurial skills and meet like-minded individuals?
This one day event, hosted by Enterprise Nation involves a packed programme across 10 stages with over 100 expert speakers and inspiring entrepreneurs, exploring a range of interesting topics.
When? Saturday 13th January
Where? Queen Mary University, London
You can find more details on the event along with a full programme and how to purchase tickets on their Eventbrite page.
We need your nominations!
We are currently busy planning for the relaunch of our annual Lancaster University Enterprise Awards. The awards aim to recognise and celebrate the diversity of ways in which students, researchers and alumni have applied their entrepreneurial mindsets, acted as creative-problem solvers and made a genuine impact on the world around them.
The awards seek not only to celebrate the successes but also recognise the journeys and distances travelled to reach those successes -every winner should have a story to tell, which hopefully will help to inspire others to engage in similar pursuits to realise their own dreams and ambitions.
The award ceremony itself is set to take place in December and will involve a formal dinner attended by various VIPs, stakeholders and of course a number of students. The dinner will be followed by entertainment, and an opportunity to network and socialise.
But now we need your help!
We need your assistance in identifying nominees within the following categories:
- Student Leader – Individuals/teams with a leadership role on behalf of a segment of the student body e.g. Society Execs, College JCRs, Departmental Reps, LUSU Offices and Student Ambassadors who have demonstrated the application of entrepreneurial behaviours to the realisation of an event, project, activity or other intervention.
- KE Champion – Individuals/teams who have displayed entrepreneurial behaviours in the undertaking of a Knowledge Exchange Intervention with an external organisation. For example through a Student Consultancy Project, Placement or Internship, KTP or PG Rise project.
- Impactful Researcher – Early Career Researchers who have translated, or taken active steps to translate their research into sustainable research impact, for example via a licensing agreement, spin-out or other business model.
- Sustainable Venture – Individuals/teams who have successfully launched a venture that has a clearly identified ‘triple bottom line’ business model, and has demonstrated or begun to demonstrate its viability. Must be formally registered, and trading for a maximum of three years.
- Organisational Innovator – Individual alumni (up to last three years) who have gone into employment in any role, industry or sector except self-employment, or as a founder member of a start-up
There will also be a ‘bright sparks’ category which will involve the submission of short video pitches for ideas – more details on this category to follow!
Further details on each of the categories and what we are looking for can be found within the nomination form. If you think there is either a team or individual (or maybe you are them!) that fits into one of the categories, please download and complete this nomination form and send it back to email@example.com no later than the 31st of October.
Looking to start or grow a food or drink business?
Join retail buyers, entrepreneurs and experts from the food and drink industry for this one day exchange event in London.
The event will help to put you in touch with large brand buyers, learn form experienced entrepreneurs who’ve been there and done it and access expert advice in topics such as sales, marketing and PR for the food industry.
Already confirmed speakers include Sainsbury’s, Green & Blacks and Selfridges.
When? Friday 29th September
Where? Presentation Suite, KPMG, London
To find out more and purchase tickets, visit the Eventbrite page.
Win a place on a Leadership Programme in Silicon Valley
Startup Summit is an exciting event ‘bringing the global eco-system to Scotland’s historic capital.’
The event is a one day exploration of all things startup – looking at the changing landscape of business, surviving in the startup world and growing into a thriving business. Founders and Executives of some of the world’s most successful companies will attend the event, speaking and sharing advice for your startup.
Each year, a number of emerging technology entrepreneurs are given the opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges for a chance to earn a place on a five day leadership programme in Silicon Valley. To be in with a chance to pitch you can apply now, here.
For more information about the event on the 1st of November in Edinburgh visit the Startup Summit website. There are also opportunities to volunteer at the event.
Full programme announced
Enterprise Nation’s Festival of Female Entrepreneurs is back for its sixth year!
This unique event aims to bring together some the UK’s most influential female entrepreneurs, business leaders and brightest start-ups, to provide you with detailed and practical insights to help grow your business.
Sessions on the day include advice on taking your brand global, sourcing celebrity brand ambassadors and the importance of loyalty to business success. Speakers include:
- Edwina Dunn, co-founder of many loyalty card programmes including the Tesco Clubcard.
- Rob Law, founder and inventor of the ride-on children’s suitcase brand Trunki.
- Mel Bound, founder of This Mum Runs and Enterprise Nations’s 2016 Female Start-up of the Year.
+ Many others, take a look at the event page to see the full programme, find out more about the event and purchase your ticket.
When? Friday 20th October, 2017
Where? Bristol Harbour Hotel & Spa
‘Get your idea out there, find investment and accelerate growth’
Venturefest brings together SMEs with investors, entrepreneurs, innovators and academics to connect and do business. It is an ideal opportunity to network with like-minded individuals, learn how to bring innovative new concepts to market and get your idea out there. The event will include a number of panel discussions, keynote speakers and much more.
When? 14th September, 9am-2:30pm
Where? Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
One of the event highlights is the Innovation Showcase Competition, with £40,000 worth of prizes and a chance to pitch to an audience of potential investors! Small and medium-sized enterprises across the North West are invited to submit their entries online within one of the two categories – Startup or Growth by the 30th June.
To find out more about Venturefest and register your attendance visit their website here.
North Lancashire Expo, 24th-25th September
Hosted by the Lancaster & District Chamber of Commerce, the inaugural North Lancashire Expo is set to be a two day trade exhibition featuring stands, seminars, networking opportunities and free business advice from a host of organisations. The event is set to attract 200 exhibitors and 5,000 attendees over the two days.
- Sunday 24th September (12-5pm) – Day one will be run as a B2C day, showcasing North Lancashire, and the surrounds, businesses and educational facilities to families and non-commercial visitors and the day’s events will be aimed at them.
- Monday 25th September (10am-4pm) Day two of the Expo will be run as a B2B day, starting with an exhibitor to exhibitor networking session followed by key seminars and workshops focused on business.
The whole weekend will be held at Lancaster Brewery.
So whether you would like to attend as a visitor or maybe even exhibitor – book your ticket now and get the dates in your diary. For more information click here.