The following measures will be in place:
- The main entrance on Bigforth Drive will be closed from 08.00am -2.00pm.
- The perimeter road will be closed from 10.00am - 2.00pm. There will be no movement of vehicles on campus during this time (except for South West Campus)
- All roads will be re-opening from 2.00pm.
Vehicle Access & Parking
- If you need to enter or exit the campus using your vehicle between 10.00am - 2.00pm, you will need to move your vehicle to a parking space on South West Campus before 10.00am.
- You will only be able to enter and exit the campus via Hazelrigg Lane.
- Between 10.00am - 2.00pm the only area on campus accessible to vehicles will be the bottom car park on South West Campus.
After 2.00pm, all campus roads will be open as usual and vehicles can move around freely. If you do not need to enter or exit the campus using your vehicle between 10.00am - 2.00pm, your vehicle can remain in any parking space on campus other than the Sports Centre.
Lancaster House Hotel
- Vehicular access to the Lancaster House Hotel will be maintained as normal via Green Lane.
- Bus stops at the Underpass, Chaplaincy Centre, Furness College, InfoLab 21, Sports Centre, Lonsdale College and Cartmel Avenue West will be closed between 8.00am - 2.00pm.
- A6 main University entrance bus stops will be open as usual. All the University bus services will stop here.
- Cartmel Avenue South bus stop (at the bottom of South West Campus) will be open as usual. All the University bus services will stop here.
- Coach services will depart from Cartmel Avenue South bus stop at the bottom of South West Campus until 2.00pm.
- There will be no taxi ranks at Bowland Avenue and the Management School from 08.00am - 2.00pm.
- The only area on campus where taxis will be able to collect and drop-off passengers between 08.00am - 2.00pm will be from the car park at the bottom of South West Campus.
Cyclists & Pedestrians
- Cycle routes running through the campus will remain open for cyclists to use as usual.
- Pedestrians and cyclists are permitted to use the closed roads at their own risk and provided it is safe to do so. Marshalls will be in place to offer further guidance.
- All pedestrian routes will be open as usual.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for supporting this event.