The Service Delivery team are responsible for cleaning, building and grounds maintenance across the campus.
From sports pitches to spot cleaning, tree cutting to toilets, the Service Delivery team is responsible for providing a wide range of services across the University campus.
Service Delivery focuses on:
- The cleanliness of all University buildings, both academic and student residential accommodation
- Facilities Managers for the Academic and Residential Space
- Grounds maintenance including the landscaping and planted borders and preparation of sports pitches
- Maintenance, both reactive and planned across the estate
- Telecommunications in and out of the University including the Facilities Helpdesk
- Liaison with our residential partnership provider UPP
Our Cleaning teams are responsible for all residence, faculty and office cleaning across the campus.
The University estate covers 560 acres (227 ha), encompassing grassland, playing fields, woodlands and even a lake.
The Building Maintenance team fix around 45,000 reported faults every year, ranging from broken heating, to new lightbulbs, to fitting new doors.
In order to maintain safe working and studying conditions for our students, visitors and staff, the University has a Planned Preventative Maintenance regime across all Lancaster University buildings.
There are eight laundrettes around the campus, each within easy reach of the major residential areas.
In 2003, the University entered into an accommodation arrangement with UPP, a private sector provider, to work in partnership to design, build, fund, manage and operate over 4,000 student rooms on campus.