Ecology and Conservation MSc
This scheme offers great flexibility of choice from a wide range of modules that meet the needs or interests of any student of ecological or conservation sciences. This vocational degree offers you the chance to blend ecological and environmental science topics with those from areas such as social science, geography, and statistics.
You will gain an understanding of the relationships between living organisms and their physical, chemical and biotic environment whilst learning important skills related to environmental monitoring and management.
Graduates have gone on to careers in the environmental and conservation sectors, as well as further study for a PhD.
- Biological Science : PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Data Science for the Environment : MSc
- Ecology (by Research) : MSc
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environmental Management and Consultancy : MA
- Environmental Science : PhD
- Environmental Science (by Research) : MSc
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Food Challenges for the 21st Century : PgCert
- Geography : MPhil/PhD
- International Innovation : MSc
- International Innovation (Environmental Science) : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by Research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : PgCert
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2016
Director of Studies: Dr Ian Hartley.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
Entry requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject. We can also consider applicants with a lower second class (or equivalent) if they have relevant work experience (including voluntary work).
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment: Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation.
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Duration: Full time 12 Month(s), Part time 24 Month(s)
Department: Lancaster Environment Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1524 510257
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook