Ecology and Conservation MSc
This is one of our most popular postgraduate schemes.
At the heart of its success is flexibility of choice from a wide range of modules that meet the needs or interests of any student of ecological or conservation sciences. This vocational degree offers you the chance to blend ecological and environmental science topics with those from areas such as social science, geography, and statistics.
This MSc provides you with an understanding of the relationships between living organisms and their physical, chemical and biotic environment whilst also providing important specific skills related to environmental monitoring and management.
The course also develops transferable skills appropriate to a career in research, consultancy or industry. Graduates have gone on to pursue careers in the environmental and conservation sectors, as well as progressing to further study for a PhD.
Core module:Dissertation Project
Six optional modules from the following (subject to change)Air Quality and ClimateBiological Effects of Air Pollution and Climate ChangeChemical Risk AssessmentConservation and Sustainable Development in the Brazilian AmazonConservation BiologyContaminated Land and RemediationCrop ProtectionData Analysis and InterpretationData Assimilation and IntegrationEnvironmental ManagementEnvironmental Sampling and Analysis for Trace OrganicsEnvironmental ToxicologyFood Security, Agriculture and Climate ChangeGeoinformaticsHabitat ManagementLake EcologyModelling Environmental ProcessesPollution MicrobiologySustainable Soil ManagementUsing the NVCWildlife Monitoring TechniquesWildlife Population Ecology
- Biological Science : PhD
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : MSc
- Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation : PGCert
- Data Science for the Environment : MSc
- Ecology (by research) : MSc
- Ecology and Conservation : PGCert
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Environment and Development : MSc
- Environment and Development : PGCert
- Environment and Development : MA
- Environmental Management and Consultancy : MA
- Environmental Science : PhD
- Environmental Science (by research) : MSc (research)
- Environmental Science and Technology : MSc
- Environmental Science and Technology : PGCert
- Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology : MSc
- Geography : PhD
- International Innovation : MSc
- International Innovation (Environmental Science) : MSc
- Plant Sciences (by research) : MSc (research)
- Resource and Environmental Management : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : MSc
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security : PGCert
- Sustainable Water Management : MSc
- Sustainable Water Management : PGCert
- Volcanology and Geological Hazards : MSc
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2015
Director of Studies: Dr Ian Hartley.
Duration: 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
Entry requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in a relevant subject. We can also consider applicants with a lower second class (or equivalent) if they have relevant work experience (including voluntary work).
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment: Coursework, presentations, examinations and dissertation.
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Duration: Full time 12 Month(s), Part time 24 Month(s)
Department: Lancaster Environment Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1524 510257
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook