Safety Engineering (Industry-Based) MSc
As engineering systems become more complex it is increasingly difficult to show that they will operate safely for their lifespan. The programme addresses this problem by exposing students to the knowledge and techniques of safety engineering.
It is suitable for those from a conventional engineering background, for engineers in the early part of their careers, and for those in senior management.
Many high level industrial experts contribute to the course, as visiting speakers, and an important aspect of the course is a critical consideration of real accident case studies.
There are a number of modules to select from depending on the level of study. PGDip students cover a selection of modules, but without an individual dissertation. MSc students must submit an individual dissertation consisting of a substantial piece of literature-based research work in the area of study.
In addition to the generic safety modules, two modules deal with specific industries – Nuclear Engineering and Aerospace.
- Aerospace Safety Engineering : PgCert
- Electronic Engineering : MSc
- Energy and the Environment : MSc
- Engineering : PhD
- Engineering (by Research) : MSc
- Engineering Project Management : MSc
- International Innovation : MSc
- Mechanical Engineering : MSc
- Mechanical Engineering : PGDip
- Mechanical Engineering with Project Management : MSc
- Nuclear Science and Engineering : PGCert
- Safety Engineering (Industry-Based) : PGDip
- Safety Engineering (Industry-Based) : PgCert
Search Our Courses
For Entry: 2016
Director of Studies:Dr Richard Dawson.
Duration:24 months part-time (industry based).
Entry requirements:A second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in an Engineering discipline. HND or equivalent together with appropriate industrial experience may be considered. UK/EU students only.
IELTS:6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment:Coursework and examination and a dissertation.
Funding: All applicants should consult our information on fees and funding.
Further information: www.lancaster.ac.uk/engineering
Duration: Part time 24 Month(s)
Phone: +44 (0)1524 592275
For information on the course structure as followed by our current students, please see Lancaster University's Online Courses Handbook